Sunday, February 28, 2016

Feb Ipsy GlamBag review

Look at all the goodies that arrived in my latest Ipsy GlamBag! I greet the sparkly hot pink envelope full of products with excitement every month, I've been really enjoying this beauty subscription.
A photo posted by Monica Ghosh (@point_1) on

This month I was treated to a travel rollerball of Eau So Divine by Jor'el Parker, from one of my top natural beauty brands Harvey Prince, featured previously. Eau So Divine was among my favourites from the samples I ordered online with my last purchase, so I love that I now have a larger, travel-friendly size of this scent. It's light and clean and slightly floral, made with all-natural, cruelty-free ingredients. I've found all their scents to be easy-to-wear and delightful and use their body lotion is excellent, I use it almost every day.
Next to it is a loose mineral shadow pot by Naked Cosmetics, known for their high-quality pigments in their signature interlocked stack format. I received the Single Color mica pigment in the shade Sierra Nevada #5 and I didn't expect such full colour payoff. Used dry, it is a rich dark copper brown and when applied with a moistened brush, it lays down a metallic sheen that is undeniably amazing. Even though I often shy away from loose eyeshadows, I've added this little jewel to my everyday makeup section because I love the shade and intensity, and I appreciate how natural and non-toxic it is as well.
Speaking of non-toxic, I was so thrilled to see another full-sized nail polish from Trust Fund Beauty, this time in the shade I'm Kind of a Big Deal, a vibrant pink shade that makes me hopeful that Spring is about to be sprung. This is currently my favourite brand of nail polish, for everything about it is just a bit better. The bottles are sleek and easy to identify and get open, multiple bottles fit well together for storage. The shaped brush inside the cap makes it easy to achieve a flawless application, and the formula lasts as well if not better than conventional nail polishes full of noxious chemicals. This "seven-free" polish is a welcome addition to my collection and it will be well-loved as the weather improves.

I'm super-thrilled that my GlamBag included a sample of Smashbox's new Photo Finish Primer Oil, precisely the type of product for me. This light facial oil is created to moisturize and comfort skin prior to foundation and should help face makeup stay in place. At first I was dubious that an oil would help products last longer, but so far it's been an unexpected favourite for my still winter-dry skin.
This month's sampling also contained a handy crystal nail file by Margaret Dabbs London. I've been using it lately and find that the edges of my nails seem notably smoother and healthy. I realize that another plus about this file is that it can be disinfected unlike all my other files which would come unglued with the introduction of cleanser and water, and now I'm giving all my old nail files some side-eye.

Once again, I'm happy to say that I am still satisfied with my Ipsy subscription, I'm really glad I finally signed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment